Lyft driver account DISABLED


Why was my Lyft driver account DISABLED

I started driving with Lyft in the Washington DC area back in the summer of 2015, things were great, at first, easy sign up process but kinda long compare to Uber. I think this whole car share concept is quite cool, either you have a car and few hours a week to spare or be full time with it.

I have had a pristine driving record with lyft, with ratings always higher than 4.9 stars which is considered EXCELLENT by lyft.


                             


But this month, January 2016 and during the blizzard that hit the US northeast, Washington DC has seen the worst of it with over 2 feet of snow.
I drive a Toyota Camery 2014, so driving was quite a challenge, but I didn't drive during, I waited till it has gone through.

I went back on the road after two days, snow every where, horrible roads condition, snow cleaning was slow causing traffic to be at it's worst.

I signed on my lyft driver account, started getting requests, the problem is when you get a request, the lyft app gives you an ETA based on the distance only, it does not factor in the extra time caused by traffic, for example, you get an initial ETA of 7mn and the pick up location could be 2 or 3 blocks away, but when you switch to GPS to start heading to pick up your passenger, it shows 20 to 25 mn.
 

So it happened with most rides requests I got that night. I guess with the roads conditions and public transportation running slow that day, the demand for rides was extremely high. So what I would do when I see that it will take me about 20 mn on average to just go pick up my passenger, out of courtesy, I would send a text message to the ride requester to tell them that my ETA is long and if they can cancel and request again for a closer driver to their location, and they end up canceling. But because lyft doesn't have as many drivers, the app would still dispatch drivers even if they were far. 

After a while that night, I received a text message from lyft stating :
"Lyft alert: You've exceeded our limit for ride cancellations, and we've had to suspend your driver account."

I was shocked when I read it, but then I thought it could be temporary and it was just their algorithm, it would allow me back into the system later on. Nothing happened the next day so I wrote an email to lyft support to find out about my account status and explaining the reason behind those cancellation. 
In their reply, they seemed to have ignored my side of the story and told me that their decision was final. 
It was so frustrating and disappointing to hear that from lyft, they have not even consider my driving record with lyft and how well I did with all my riders, you would think that will get lyft to appreciate the value and contribution we, great drivers bring to lyft by getting customers to trust the company, but it doesn't seem to be true.

I wrote them again, and still waiting on their reply. All what I can say to lyft is they were unfair and they have lost one awesome driver to Uber.



28 comments:

  1. The same thing happened to me. My account got disabled and now its been a few days since. I wrote a email explaining the situation but no reply. Im going to try to reapply and see if the mentors can get me back in or restart the application process again. Good luck man

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I didn't even try harder to get my account reactivated, since then, I drive with Uber and Im pretty much happy, tons of incentives and bonuses and non-stop requests. Cheers

      https://get.uber.com/drive/?invite_code=trgkdfdfe

      Delete
  2. To be honest, I didn't even try harder to get my account reactivated, since then, I drive with Uber and Im pretty much happy, tons of incentives and bonuses and non-stop requests. Cheers

    https://get.uber.com/drive/?invite_code=trgkdfdfe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes is true i open both and in lyft i have only 33.3% of requests and i have make about 17% of money lyft is ineficent becouse time and distance for pick up is so much (i have 1 request from lyft 23 min ONLY FOR PICK UP :P)

      Delete
  3. Same thing happened to me... Did you get any luck? I suspect that Lyft wants to get rid of drivers who consistently get PDB so that they can make profits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems that Lyft is going the wrong way to deal with most issues. I don't know if it's their policy is messed up or the unqualified customer service????!!!

      Delete
  4. Same thing happened to me... Did you get any luck? I suspect that Lyft wants to get rid of drivers who consistently get PDB so that they can make profits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have similar thing happened to me . I don't mind the deactivation just it's disrespectful not the mail back m like they do

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have similar thing happened to me . I don't mind the deactivation just it's disrespectful not the mail back m like they do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F- grade for their customer service

      Delete
    2. Same thing happened to me. Within less than 5 months I've made more than 3400 rides with lyft. I was driving for long periods and trying my best to satisfy lyft passengers by even providing them candies, water, and tissues and moreover some medicines for headache and stomach pain. I maintained 5 and 4.9 rating all the way and gained an incredible complementary record through customers feedback. And all by the sudden, they revoked my account because of safety concerns as they emailed me. I tried a lot to appeal them to reactivate my account but never got a response from them.

      Delete
    3. Did you ever get a response or better reason why they deactivated for "safety"? This just happened to me this morning and im racking my brain to think of something i did wrong?

      Delete
  7. You are totally right about their customer service, it is really poor grade. Lyft has a long way to go to win the hearts of their drivers

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Lyft driver account is disabled due to my ratings.4.3 ...Driving with a Lyft is the only thing that I do for living and supporting my family.I am just a good person.My ratings goes down because I drove at nights and most of the passengers which I had they were drunk in need of ride.I usually drive in downtown DC.I always have water,gum,and candy for my customers.I dont know why this is happening to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's the thing.. These companies don't need everyone that works on the platform.. So they can deactivate drivers and still feel no hurt for the company.. There are millions and millions of drivers slaving away and working for cheap wages and that's what keeps these businesses in power.. We are the backbone the strength.. The reason they exist.. If we don't develop a network where we can fight back as drivers come together and stand up for our rights.. Lyft will continue to treat us like this.. Because they can get more and more drivers to fill our space.. Let's get all our Lyft drivers together and put an end to unfair standards.. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's the thing.. These companies don't need everyone that works on the platform.. So they can deactivate drivers and still feel no hurt for the company.. There are millions and millions of drivers slaving away and working for cheap wages and that's what keeps these businesses in power.. We are the backbone the strength.. The reason they exist.. If we don't develop a network where we can fight back as drivers come together and stand up for our rights.. Lyft will continue to treat us like this.. Because they can get more and more drivers to fill our space.. Let's get all our Lyft drivers together and put an end to unfair standards.. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear lyft team, if you're reading this I agree with the other lyft drivers on here. One night I pick up some drunk lyft clients had alcohol in my clean car ( not to boast) but when I refuse to let them in WITH alcohol present, they said they would report me that I the under the influence while driving(which I never had a DUI) and BOOM!!! The next day I got deactivated and still waiting on a response. To my fellow lyft drivers dont do lyft on late nights, thats when the arrogant drunks come out

    ReplyDelete
  12. How do you get Lyft to reactive your account??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is that possible for you to restart the application ?? My account is deactivated too and they are not willing to reactivate it. This is pretty frustrating, I have 4.9 rating, and most of the cancellations were because of the passengers are not showing up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ya, I got a notice saying I'm deactivated for my driving record. The same driving record they approved.. the same driving record that has not one bad mark on it by lyft standards. Interesting is this happened the first day after I drove with one of their amp lights in my car. I was curious when I installed the thing what kinds of spy crap it has. Who knows. But I'll file court on them. Everyone else should do the same. If they treat you like trash in some way, file court.. we're not employees, but we are human beings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same thing happened to me how do we fight this?

      Delete
  15. My lyft account just got deactivated for low ratings. I had driven in San Francisco for 6 months before I moved to Baltimore 2 months ago. As at December when I moved to Baltimore, my rating was 4.8 witb about 2000 rides. With Less than 400 rides driving in Baltimore, my rating went down to 4.2 and got deactivated. A fellow driver had warned me earlier that driving in Baltimore city will lower my ratings but i ignored his warning.I wrote a note to lyft customer support but says their decision is final

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for the shearing this. there polices are so tough .
    stansted airport cheap parking

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great tips, many thanks for sharing. I have printed and will stick on the wall! I like this blog.

    Lyft Hub

    ReplyDelete